25 February 2014

What I'm reading this month: 'What a carve up!'



My book a month challenge started with Game of Thrones, which I'm still reading, but I'm reading other books at the same time. Which I don't normally like to do, I like to finish one book and then move onto the next but Game of Thrones is huge and I want to read so many books. So a little bit every so often for GoT.

This month I've been reading 'What a carve up!' by Jonathan Coe. I actually didn't choose to read this myself, I needed to read this for a brief I was set at Uni, but I'm so glad that I did.

At first I found it a little difficult to get into, there are so many characters as well as jumping different perspectives and time eras but you get used to it soon enough. Once I got used to the characters, and started to remember everyone and what they were like, it was a really good read. I'd definitely recommend it, if you're into dark comedies/satirical/slightly political books with twists.

Now I just need to get my head around the project I have to do related to this book...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...